Thursday, 13 March 2014

An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers:virtual router

Problem: Error message while starting Virtual Router "An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers"

Reason: The problem happens when the Virtual Router isn't closed properly (ie when your connection disconnects or your computer locks up and needs to be restarted). The shared internet connection still has a lock on the share Virtual Router created, and so it can't create a new one.

In my case i have two  internet connections earlier i was using a data card which was shared and virtual router was using it .once the laptop woke up from hiberation i tried to connect via lan connection ,as the lock from data card was still there i ot into this issue.

Solution:
In Windows 7

Go to your Network and Sharing center -->Change adapter settings. Select the Internet adapter whose Internet connection you share with other devices.

Go to Internet Sharing. Break the lock on the old share by setting the adapter to share its connection with something else (whatever you have handy; network adapter, wireless, anything). You'll get a warning about the old share still being in effect. Break the old share, click OK until the settings for your adapter closes.

Open up your adapter's settings again, and remove the shared connection you just created. Keep clicking OK to close the adapter's settings.

Start up Virtual router again, and enjoy.

This isn't a problem specific to Virtual router, any similar app you try won't be able to create a share until you break the old one that Virtual router had.

12 comments:

  1. Man thanks for the post. I did a Windows Updated and this was happening. You saved me from getting hair plugs from pulling my hair out of my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  3. Oh thank you so much ! Finally an answer !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  4. Thanku sooo muchh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  6. I am happy to know that it helped someone. Thank you for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool and I have a keen present: Who Repair House Windows complete house renovation

    ReplyDelete

Kubernetes cluster setup on Ubuntu 26.04 using Kubeadm

Step1: Disable swap memory: Kubernetes requires swap to be disabled for the kubelet to function correctly # swapoff -a # sudo sed -i '/...